William Bloom jr wrote:
I deleted the install icon the day I downloaded it....does this automatically delete the install files also? It's funny that the 3 other install folders I have on my C: drive add up to 120MB?

Without looking at your desktop, I wouldn't hazard a guess. There should have been one folder for a successful install.

Bill */James Knott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>/* wrote:

    William Bloom jr wrote:
     > I have 3 Type Detection folder - files....that equal 1202.1KB,
    are these the ones?

     > I also have a 2.06MB folder Office, Type Detection.vcb - file Is
    this safe to delete?

     > Bill

    I have no idea what those refer to. When you install OpenOffice on
    Windows, a folder, where everything is unpacked, should appear on your
    desktop. After the installation is completed, that folder can be
    deleted, along with the installer file you downloaded.
     > James Knott wrote:
     > William Bloom jr wrote:
     >
     >> I downloaded it anyway (I only have a 12gig HD).
     >>
     >> It said 107Mb for XP....but downloaded at 120Mb. 380mb?
     >>

     > That 380 MB is how much space it will take when installed. The
    107 or
     > 120 MB (depending on how you count it) is only the size of the
    installer
     > file. During installation, that file will be uncompressed,
    resulting in
     > the greater amount of diskspace required. If you're tight for space,
     > after installing OpenOffice, you can always delete that installer
    file,
     > along with the folder that will appear on your desktop.

-- Use OpenOffice.org