On 22 Feb 2008 at 5:29, Howard wrote:

> I`ve done that.
>
> I`ve been to at least 5 different calc tuitorial sites and can`t find
> anything about extracting whatever I need from a image opened in calc.

I think you'd better clarify /very/ carefully exactly what you're
doing.

So far you've mentioned a .otg file and a jpeg file and talked about
"images". It's not at all clear what sort of file contains your data.

If you truly have an image file of some sort (such as a jpeg)
obtained for example from a scanner, or by exporting from 'draw' or
some other graphics-capable program as an image, then you will need
to obtain an OCR (Optical Character Recognition) program from
somewhere. Calc cannot process the content of such a file: it's just
a picture that happens to look like text; it will be able merely to
display the contents. As has already been pointed out, it may be
quicker to retype the data. If you need to use OCR, there are
commercial products such as Textbridge and ABBYY Fine Reader
available; you may find one on a magazine cover disk. See for example
http://www.simpleocr.com/OCR_Software_Guide.asp.

If your data is contained in an otg file, this should just open
naturally with OOo and no special measures should be needed.

If you're still unclear what you've got, I suggest you put the file
on a website and post a link so we can look at it - always assuming
it's suitable to be made public of course.

--
http://www.scottsonline.org.uk lists incoming sites blocked because
of spam