Howard wrote:
I`ve done that.

I`ve been to at least 5 different calc tuitorial sites and can`t find
anything about extracting whatever I need from a image opened in calc.

If it is really an "image" (i.e. a bitmap of some sort like jpeg, png or gif etc) then you cannot extract text from in calc it because there isn't any text in it. It is just a bitmap; a collection of pixels in various colours.

This is what OCR software does. It looks at the "picture" (like a scanned fax for example) and tries to recognise the shapes that make up characters and then convert them into something useful like ASCII or Unicode. Visit the wiki and read this if you want to know more about OCR: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optical_character_recognition

If you have a OpenOffice.org "draw" document, then the numbers you refer to (unless you are just talking about an imported imaged like I mentioned above) should be proper text based characters (ASCII or Unicode) which you can simply cut & paste between your applications.

Like other people - we have given you lots of pointers. You really have only a few choices.

If it is a bitmap image:

1. Simply re-type the characters into your spreadsheet (you probably could have done that by now, unless it is a very large collection of digits...)

2. Find some OCR software for your Operating System and try and extract the information. Be aware that OCR is not a perfect science however.

If it is already a Draw document and not a bitmap, then just highlight the text with your cursor, hit ctl-C (that's the control key and the C letter at the same time), move to your spreadsheet and hit ctl-V. Job done.

HTH.

Alan

--
The way out is open!