mike scott wrote:
I'm stumped completely. The only way I can see to do this is a botch job, which I don't fancy. So.....

How to print a booklet for a CD case? These are about 12cm square, to be printed double-sided with a number of sheets (depending on the exact text and layout). ...

For CD inserts, I generally don't need more than two pages (a "cover" and a track list), which works fine as a literal layout in Writer: I use a big table with two 12cm square cells to lay it out, print normally, cut and fold.

On the occasion that I really need a booklet, I do it the way I do any booklet in Writer: I set up a custom page size for a single page in the final booklet (i.e. 12x12cm here), create the booklet as a normal document--text flow is all normal, print to Postscript, and use a little script to re-arrange the pages for booklet printing.

I don't remember why just now, but I find Writer's booklet feature to be ineffective for this kind of document. Maybe it's the need to exactly fix the page size.

<Joe