On 22 Feb 2008 at 19:00, web at work wrote:
> > I think I need a way to lay it out on larger paper to print before
> > cutting to size. But how..... I've even been looking at scribus, but
> > afaict the page ordering still has the exact same issue :-{
> I know that Microsoft is not something we like, BUT some of the
> DOC templates work well.  They had CD covers and such.
> Also AVERY allows you to download their templates for free as well.

There is a blindingly obvious answer; it's been pointed out that the
12x12cm page can be formatted  on an A5 page with three large margins
and either l or r margin very small to give the 12cm printable
dimension (also allowing for a safety border). This can then be
printed in brochure mode on A4 stock - the l and r pages then touch
as needed, and the double-page can be trimmed to size.

Thanks to everyone who offered ideas.

--
http://www.scottsonline.org.uk lists incoming sites blocked because
of spam