2008/2/24, Daniel Thornton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> My problem is that I have not found an efficient way to type in French
> using OpenOffice. I know I can insert a symbol but this is far too tedious.
> What is the most efficient way to type French characters?
>
> Thank you for you time and your work,
>
> Dan

Hello Dan,

I'd say it depends on your Operating System. On Mac, I change the keyboard
layout from Dutch to Brazilian Portuguese, so I have all the accents to put
on vowels etc. I suppose on a Windows machine you'll find something
similar...

To check the spelling, you can install what you need from a broad range of
OpenOffice.org dictionaries. See:
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=67

HTH
--
Guy
using dutch OOo 2.3 m221 on a iMac Intel DualCore Tiger