Who ARE these people who keep shelling out money for open source
apps? Are they from outer space?

No, just unfamiliar with the idea of researching a product & pricing
before they buy.

People have been conditioned to believe that good software must be expensive software and that free software must be full of malware, spyware and viruses. You cannot fault people for thinking this way when you look at the computing world they have to face. We need to take this all into consideration when we explain to people that OpenOffice.org is free to download and free to use. For a large portion of the population, this is the very first time they have encountered open source software. It is a chance that we can educate them without making them feel dumb about it. Maybe we can help them make those first steps to breaking free from Microsoft vendor lock-in and see that there really are choices for office software, and even operating systems.

C.
--
Clayton Cornell       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany