No one has answered this post - too hard?

James

----- Original Message ----- From: "James Elliott - WA Rural Computers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "OOo Users" <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2008 10:35 AM
Subject: [users] Old Templates.?

It is great that OOo is being constantly improved and updated, but I think
I have found one challenge due to upgrades, and that is to do with
Templates.

Like a lot of people, I store my invoice, quotation, purchase order forms,
and many other, often used, documents as Templates.  This means that while
I am using OOo version 2.3, I might be pulling up a template that was
created in an earlier version, maybe a much earlier version, given that
templates are infrequently modified and hardly ever redesigned from
scratch.

When viewing an old Writer document, you are alerted to the version
inconsistency and all you have to do is say "Yes, I want this document
saved in the most recent format", but editing Templates is not quite that
easy, and I don't want to have to redesign all my Templates every time a
new version of OOo comes out, or even go into each one in "Edit" mode and
update it - if you could update all of them in one go, that would be
fantastic!

Is this really a challenge, or am I barking up the wrong tree ... having
missed some easy way of keeping my Templates up-to-date?

Kind regards,  James

269.21.4/1310 - Release Date: 4/03/2008 8:35 AM