On 06/03/2008 13:24, kathryn wilusz wrote:
Regards, I have recently downloaded 2.3 version of open office...There WAS compatibility w/ Vista(new PC), but regardless of what i did, I could not get my printer to print an A4 page... I am wondering how to change the print page set-up on the Open Office page, as I am able to print off other types of programs (ie, Wordpad,Adobe,cards, etc.)... The printer reverts from the Default A4 to a Letter size... and then says it cannot print. Can I change the Page Setup on the Office Document so I can print an A4 page? I have already spoken to Dell about this; Their advice was to try to change Page Setup (I could not locate this as an option on your File Settings) Thanking you for your attention, Kathryn Wilusz(Ireland)
Windows Vista + Windows Live. Open up your digital life. Get Windows Live free.
http://get.live.com
Not sure why you are having this problem. OpenOffice takes my preferred page size (A4, like yours) from my printer settings. However: Format>Page and then choose the appropriate options on the Page tab. If you find OpenOffice doesn't remember that, save a blank document with the correct settings *as a template* and then make that your default template. Templates play an important role in OpenOffice. It's worthwhile spending time to learn about them. For details, see the Help or browse the documentation at http://documentation.openoffice.org/ for How To guides, Getting Started guides and so on. For templates a good document is at http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors/working_with_templates.pdf

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England