Hi,
Excel has the ability to Cut one or more rows (or columns) and then Insert Cut Rows (or Columns) at another position, thereby moving the rows (or columns). I haven't been able to find a way of doing the same thing in OpenOffice Calc. The best I've been able to do is Cut the rows (which just clears the contents), delete the unwanted rows, Insert the correct number of rows at the new position, then paste the contents into them.
That's four operations, where Excel can do it in two.

Does anyone know a quicker way of moving a range of rows (or columns) to a new position?

I did see the recent reply to a similar question about tables in Writer, but I'm talking about Calc.

Mike Field (UK)