GREETINGS !
MY system: new macbook w/ OSX leopard and x11. i
updated to the latest x11 XQuartz 2.1.4.
I downloaded OpenOffice2.3.
After installing OO into my app folder and running it,
selecting YES to Apple fonts, I get error:
"Command timed out".  I select OK and open office is
on top of my menu but under file all it says is 'use
startup screen' in grey-washed text.

OOs philosophy is amazing and I will certainly give
some $ if I can get this up and running and avoid
microsoft products or iworks.
i searched and searched the wiki and faq but can't
find an answer.  i saw some text about pasting
something into terminal but seemed too ambiguous for
me to try...
help?

Gregory Guay
Classical Guitar Performance & Instruction
www.gregoryguaymusic.com