John wrote:

I am using version 2.3 of OpenOffice.org. My problem is : I do Legal work involving the Dollar $ sign with two (2) vertical bars and find Open O changes files that has the double bar to a single. Single is not acceptable.

Is there a way to override, reprogram or otherwise a way to allow and use the double vert bar for the dollar sign? Is there a package I could download and install.

I also could use the S O P sign, its the s verticaly on top of a o, which is vertically on top of a p. Legal stuff. I hope you can help because I have been using Open O for a month at least and haven sworn off Word.

Thank you,

John Drew
Ashton, Illinois

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
]
Hi John

Did you realise the two dashes at the beginning of your message makes it seem like like a signature to mail readers, hence was not automatically quoted in the reply.

To help with your $ problem, I would consider setting up an autoreplace function - Tools - Autocorrect - Replace. In there you can put $ and then the character you need. You will have to find a font which includes the double bar however. It's not in the routine fonts I checked.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cifr%C3%A3o

HTH

Russell