NoOp wrote:
On 03/19/2008 09:32 AM, DREWGO wrote:
John wrote:
I am using version 2.3 of OpenOffice.org. My problem is : I do Legal work involving the Dollar $ sign with two (2) vertical bars and find Open O changes files that has the double bar to a single. Single is not acceptable.

Is there a way to override, reprogram or otherwise a way to allow and use the double vert bar for the dollar sign? Is there a package I could download and install.

I also could use the S O P sign, its the s verticaly on top of a o, which is vertically on top of a p. Legal stuff. I hope you can help because I have been using Open O for a month at least and haven sworn off Word.

Thank you,

John Drew
Ashton, Illinois

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

You need to install the same font. For example: a document may be
written in Courier or Times Roman, but in order to get the double bars
the clerk may have changed the dollar sign to Engravers MT or Garamond.
If you don't have the same font installed on your system, then the
character will be translated according to your main font, or fonts in
the replacement table (Tools|Options|OpenOffice.org|Fonts).

What you can do, if you want all the $ to show double bars, is simply do
a find and replace. Search for $ and replace with $, but on the replace
$ choose "More Options" then Format, and you can actually have it
replace the $ with a $ of a different font (Garamond 18pt for example).

That way you go about your normal work without worrying about inserting
a double-bar $ or changing font at each instance, and when finished just
do a global find and replace.

I'll send you a bill $$ for the advise :-)

Vibrocentric font has what you are wanting in writer also.