2008/3/19, Danita Metcalf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I am a new user running OpenOffice 2.3. in a Windows XP environment. IE
> (Internet Explorer) is rejecting all internet inquires originating from
> within OpenOffice applications. For example, when attempting to Register
> following the installation of the OpenOffice suite, IE is opened
> and  responds with error Cannot find
> openoffice.org/welcome/registration20.html. IE then sits idle in
> Connecting mode. The openoffice.org address however has been loaded into
> the drop down address bar and when selected IE then goes directly to the
> OpenOffice.org Home site. When the extensions are attached manually, IE
> then takes you to the Registration site. I have found this on all other
> attempts to get to an internal OpenOffice location vie IE from within
> OpenOffice. Is this a bug? Thanks, Pete J.

I don't know. Looks like a bug in Internet Explorer, but since someone else
also had Internet Explorer and it worked fine, maybe it was just a temporary
problem with the site?

Try with another browser. If it works, Internet Explorer is probably the
reason why it didn't work. There are a lot of other browsers and my
favourite is the Norwegian browser Opera at www.opera.com.

Enjoy!

J.R.