----- Original Message ----- From: "Johnny Rosenberg" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2008 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: [users] Why do I have many fonts at home and few here at my office?

2008/3/18, Our Lady of Hope Parish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

I am using OpenOffice version 2.3.  My problem is that I have the same
version on my computer at home and at home I get so much more fonts to work
with and here I only get a few.  Why is this?

That's a question you'd better ask your system administrator at work. The
people on this list couldn't possible have a clue why your system
administrator installed more fonts than you are used to at home. If your
work computer and your home computer use the same operating system, you
could just copy the extra fonts of your work computer to your home computer.
Where to find the fonts depends on which operating system you have. You
could probably do a search for files ending with .ttf to get a clue.

J.R.

Just to let you know
Many, Many software will install their own default fonts
when you install their programs.  I find that I get on average
of 5 or more each time I have a program that installs their
own fonts.

Talk to your administrator about what fonts are needed
and what fonts can be deleted.

FYI - I have had upwards to 400 fonts/style, which includes
a file for each fonts style, but OOo still runs well.
I would keep only one set of fonts that have the same styles
and then any of the specialty fonts.  That is where most of
my fonts are, specialty or special purpose.

If you are your own admin, then Windows has a Fonts folder
through the Start>control panel>fonts.  just be carefull about
which fonts are deleted.  Do not delete the fonts that we installed
with the O/S.  That is why you need to talk to someone else who
know your O/S better than you do.