On 21/03/2008 16:31, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi friends, I am a french former ibm' er retired from few time & using mostly Lotus Smart Suite , alone among the micros. office .usersword .So I have very often to work on Lotus & save on office which is heavy. I can't tell you where & when i heard about oo but when I started my new machine under vista, I met so much request from Microsoft about office & so few help from Lotus than I remembered your name & org. So I shall try oo & will make some advertising about if i fill well usoing each time it will be possible oo. OK to join the group & participate when I close my test . See you soon. Jean-Marc FAGET
 Adresse Courriel :              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Téléphone Domicile :       33 (0)1 39 76 59 33
Téléphone Cellulaire : 33 (0)6 89 87 98 53
You are free, and welcome, to join this list. You may also be interested in the French language list [EMAIL PROTECTED] and in the French language web site www.fr.openoffice.org You are also free to join it.

The latest version of OpenOffice has been optimised to run under Vista but it cannot handle Microsoft's new file formats .docx, .pptx and so on - the ones named "2007". We hope and expect that a new version of OOo, due in September, will rectify this.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England