On Mar 25, 2008, at 23:05 , zed wrote:

Yes, that's what I thought would happen. However, when I double click on the file (and it is HistoryManager.oxt but the icon is an archive icon) all that happens is the folder is opened with Archive Manager which shows seven files, which is why I extracted it and ended up with a renamed file - HistoryManager.oxt_FILES. Clicking on this just opens the folder and
displays the same seven files.

Well, then it would appear the best thing is to NOT click on the file. In any case, it's not something that the operating system can help with. This is all done through OpenOffice, as i'm sure was in a link in one of the other messages that was sent. Anyway, from the Tools menu select "Extension Manager...". When that window pops up, click "Add", then choose the file from the browser. You may need to quit OO and restart it to see the change.

Using a rusty Amiga 4000T, a shiny PowerMac G5, & a homebuilt Ubuntu box

An armed society is a polite society.