Harold Fuchs wrote:
On 25/03/2008 15:37, Bernd Eilers wrote:

<snip>

In addition to registering the product you can register as a user on the http://www.openoffice.org website this gives you the benfit of actually becoming an offical member of our great community ;-) and gets you access to the bug tracking system we use.

How, please? What server settings do I use to set up my mail reader?

Well it´s not a full mail service such as gmail where you have IMAP or POP3 and SMTP server to setup in the mail reader and there is no actual storage for your email on an openoffice.org server or similar involved. It´s simply an email forwarding address service. What you do is to go to MyPages on the OpenOffice.org website login and than go to My Profile on the left and than make sure that your profile contains an email address to forward to. If this is the case anyone can now send email to <yourusername>@openoffice.org and you will receive those at your forwarded email account. In your email client, eg. thunderbird you can just create an additional account using your usual IMAP and SMTP server settings but <yourusername>@openoffice.org as the sender address and you will than be able to switch as who you are sending when composing new email.

<snip>

Kind regards,
Bernd Eilers