James Knott wrote:
Harold Fuchs wrote:
On 27/03/2008 22:53, James Knott wrote:
James Knott wrote:
I've just installed OpenOffice v2.4.0 and noticed it now supports MS Office 2007 file formats. I wonder how good the conversion is?

I've just discovered the answer. Not very good. It can't open a few .DOCX files I have, that the Word Viewer & Compatibility Pack can.

Perhaps that's why it's not mentioned in the release notes ...

As I mentioned in another note, perhaps it shouldn't be there at all. I have used the Novell version and it worked with those files, so what happened here?

Previously, the manual download page showed the latest change date, so you could check it at a glance.