Bill Atkinson wrote:
I just downloaded the new free edition of "open office 2.4" and all the files
are loaded into my computer.  However, there is no window in my tray, and every time I
try to open any of the functions, a window pops up telling me I have to buy
it..........have I downloaded the wrong program?

Yes, if you're being asked to buy it, you've gone to the wrong site. Go to www.openoffice.org and download it again. The most you'll be asked to do is register and even that's optional. Where did you download it from? Also, are you sure it's OpenOffice and not something else that's asking you to pay?