James Elliott - WA Rural Computers wrote:
I have used a table inserted into a Writer document for a long time to keep
my Things To Do list up to date (TTD list).

The columns are labelled:
PRIORITY  TASK   COMPLETED(tick)

As I think of things I need to do I add them to my list.

Each day I edit the first column by entering data as follows:
1   if it absolutely has to be done today
2   if it could wait until tomorrow
3  if it is not urgent but I don't want to forget to do it sometime

Then I select the whole table, including the column headings, and sort the
list according to Column 1 (PRIORITY) to bring all the "1"s to the top.
When I do this, the column headers are not included in the sort and remain
at the top of the table.

I just created a new table in a Writer 2.3 blank document and when I did I ticked the box which asks you if you are going to have a header. However,
when I sort the table data the able header also gets sorted.

I specified that I had a Header row - what else have I omitted to do? - and
why is the Header row sorting along with the data?

Kind regards,
James
The trick seems to be saying to repeat the heading after page/column breaks. Once you do that (either in the original definition of the table, or using table properties) the headings are excluded from the sort.