On 03/31/2008 12:46 PM, M Henri Day wrote:
> Perhaps this is more an Ubuntu query than an OOo one, but I'm hoping you
> will bear with me. I've recently upgraded to Hardy beta, which I was told on
> good authority uses (an Ubuntuised version of) the OOo 2.4.0 release
> candidate by default. Indeeed, when I check my programme manager, I see this
> to be the case, but when I click, e g, the Writer icon, the splashsheet that
> appears on my screen says «OpenOffice.org 2.3» in large, very legible
> letters. Not that it makes a whole lot of difference in the work-a-day world
> of practical men and women, but I should very much like to know what's going
> on....
>
> Henri

It's an Ubuntu (U)OOo bug:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/199193

Also, if you look at /usr/lib/openoffice/program/versionrc you'll see
that the hardy version is 2.4.0rc2 - hopefully Ubuntu will upgrade it to
rc6 which is the currently released 2.4.0.

[glad to see you got hardy running :-)]