On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 1:05 PM, Don Daugherty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> 2.  My immediate concern is Macros for Calc.  I have no experience with
> VBA, which seems to be the language used for OpenOffice macros, but I have
> worked in old-fashioned BASIC, Pascal, Clip (the macro language used in
> NoteTab), and the macro language in QuattroPro.  I've looked through the
> Calc help system for version 2.3 and the one in version 2.4 appears to be
> the same though I haven't searched there as diligently.  I've also
> downloaded Microsoft's Visual Basic Express Edition, hoping to learn some
> things there (which I have, but nothing specific to my immediate needs.)
>
> What I'm looking for is procedures, functions and/or subroutines that
> allow the macro to interact with Calc itself.  Specifically, I want to
> (among other things) have the macro get data from a specified cell,
> manipulate it, and then do something to the spreadsheet.  All the functions
> etc I've able to find seem to have nothing to do with interacting with the
> spreadsheet loaded into Calc

VBA is not the macro language used by Opoen Office (at least not in any
prior versions).  OOo uses "Star Basic"; similar to but not the same as
VBA.  Best book (my opinion) is "OpenOffice.org Macros Explained" by Andrew
Pitonyak.  (There are some other helpful references that are available for
download...  maybe somebody will list those, or I'll find them later).

Your description of what you want to do sounds like something well tailored
to a macro, but you need to provide more specific information (how
manitpulated, what then happens to the spreadsheet...).
-- John Viestenz