I have just opened Open Office 2.4 and it I a good program, I have been using the earlier version 2 which was good.

The exception in both programs is the fact that when I open a file which includes a table, the area of the table shows a complete 'grey' color, then if I 'select all; this just becomes a darker grey color.

However if I show the file in 'print preview' the table shows correctly with no shading.

I believe that either I have accidently and/or unknowingly changed some setting in a default or something else.

Can someone please assist me with this problem, it started in the previous program.

The fact that I need to use JAWS as I am blind, does make it a little awkward at times.

The same file works perfectly well in the MS Word program but the moment I use the same file in OpenOffice this coloring occurs. I expect that there is a simple answer to my problem.

GeorgeL