[snip]
> The exception in both programs is the fact that when I open a file which
> includes a table, the area of the table shows a complete 'grey' color, then
> if I 'select all; this just becomes a darker grey color.
>
> However if I show the file in 'print preview' the table shows correctly with
> no shading.
[snip]

Hello,

It is actually quite difficult to figure out what happened. At the
beginning I thought you had some fields in the table (they are shown
with a grey background) but when you select a field it becomes black not
dark grey as you wrote. It may be that your tables default to a light
grey background, but this does not explain why you do not see the same
background in MS Word.

A good starting point could be to be able to try to open the document on
my machine.
If the problem is specific to that particular document, and such
document does not contain confidential information, could you send it to
me or make it available somewhere where it can be downloaded (the list
does not accept attachments)?

Cheers,

Michele