> Dear open office
>
> i have had problems downloading open office to my laptop. it downloads
> about 12 percent and then says the server was reset....I would just
> like to know if you know what is up. I have tried downloading open
> office for awhile now and it isn't working. Thanks
> Michael Hicks

HI,

Especially if you're on a dialup service, either your browser or your
ISP thinks you are timing out.  Some only look at what's coming FROM
you, not what's coming TO you and thus since you haven't done anything
at the keyboard, their timer expires.

If it's your browser:  Look in Options for the settings that determine
when to disconnect due to inactivity.  Turn it off for a large download
like OOo.

If it's your ISP you'll need some sort of a "keep-alive" signal.  If you
care to download a download-manager, those not only use the keep-alive,
but also let you resume where you left off when a download gets stopped
for some reason.  Sorry, I don't recall the good managers out there, but
maybe someone here will have a recommendation.

I've guessed that you're on dialup; if you're not, come back with more
details to help assess your situation.

HTH

Twayne