On Apr 19, 2008, at 9:07 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:

On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 13:54:38 -0400
"web at work" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> dijo:

Define "best". USB has the advantage that it can be used with so many other devices. I don't recall ever seeing a firewire mouse, printer or
keyboard.

Disregarding the market share issue, is Firewire technically superior
to USB? Will I get faster transfer rates over Firewire than USB?

Well, there are three USBs and two Firewires. but Firewire is generally faster. However, unless you're transferring video files, you're not likely to notice -- which is the reason that the cheaper USB is the de-facto standard for general-purpose work.

--
John W Kennedy
Having switched to a Mac in disgust at Microsoft's combination of incompetence and criminality.