Thank you, Michael, for responding again. I wonder if you will have the patience to stick with this one. I can't work out how to 'identify para. style for endnotes', much less how to alter it. I have been going to my endnotes & then to 'Format' & then to 'Styles & Formatting'. Once there I am hit by several baffling items, but nothing which seems connected in any way with what I want to do. I really want to make this work & not to have to return to Word, but I am in torment! TS ----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Adams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 10:48 AM
Subject: Re: [users] Help!!

I have replied after the relevant point (interspersed replying)

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:25:47 +0100
thomas steel wrote:

Thank you so much for your help. Alas, I am even closer to despair
with my 3 major problems over OO. I have struggled through all the
style material, but can't see any connection with my endnote
difficulty. Is it something to do with an 'anchor'? I don't know what
that is and can't find it defined anywhere.

All the endnotes in your document will have a given paragraph style
applied to them. You need to identify the paragraph style used for the
endnotes first. Then alter this paragraph style and apply the
changes to the style for the whole document endnote styles to be
updated.

 By the way, am I using this facility correctly by responding to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yes you are.

I'm sure there must be a way of filtering through to questions &

You could create a folder within your inbox for openoffice.org "user"
emails. Then set a filter to filter the "user" emails to that folder.
Finally turn threaded view on for that folder. This requires moderate
knowledge of your email client or how to use help within it.
Unfortunately i do not know windows mail and cannot assist you further
in that regard.

From: "Michael Adams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/OOoAuthors_User_Manual/Writer_Guide/Introduction_to_Styles

--
Michael

All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall
be well

- Julian of Norwich 1342 - 1416