Dear Michael: I've waded carefully through both the links you kindly sent me & can find nothing which relates to my endnote problem. As a tutor, don't you know of a site which explains this stuff in layman's terms? Or of any 'real world' tutorial help re OO in London? Both the sites you suggested use endless jargon words without any attempt to translate them. My despair arises both from the particular messes into which I've been led by OO, but more generally because I've been word processing for 25 years & have constantly tried to learn, but now find my grasp slipping ever faster away, as it becomes the field of technical experts. But anyway I will tomorrow try your suggestion of posting a sample file & asking for help that way. Alas, still no response to my other OO probs. TS. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Adams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2008 9:22 PM
Subject: Re: [users] Help!!

Life is to short to torment yourself over a word processor, so enough
of the woe is me already.

I still think you need to grasp the concept of styles first, before you
proceed.

http://www.google.com/search?q=openoffice.org+styles+tutorial
Try this one:
http://www.pcc-services.com/tutorials/OOo/basic_styles/page1.html

In case you are wondering, i am a tutor, not a handyman. If you want a
handyman look next door. Or post a sample file to the internet so that
someone here can tell you how to modify the existing endnote style
document wide.

On Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:17:44 +0100