Hi Harold
I finally got the list into excel. Thank you still don't know how I got the wdb file unless I generated it while at my sister in laws and brought it home on my flash drive. I did just use open office to view a pps that someone sent to me. worked great

Tom C
----- Original Message ----- From: "Harold Fuchs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <users@openoffice.org>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 5:14 PM
Subject: Re: [users] [moderated]Question

On 15/04/2008 19:35, tom cochran wrote:
Hi I have a list of books read over the years that somehow has a wdb extention

TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE I have never had Works. Will Openoffice allow this to be imported into something like excel The information has about 4 columns of varing width (author, title, date , brief description. I have downloaded your program and hope it will solve some of my various problems

Tom Cochran

Hmmm. If you've really never used Works, how did you create the .wdb files you have? If you have Works, you can use it to save the data in dBase format and then use OpenOffice Base to access it. Below is a quote from Brian Barker (hope you don't mind, Brian) on the same subject:
==== begin quote ===
Go back to your copy of Microsoft Works, open the databases in that, and save copies in dBase (*.dbf) format. (Works will do this.) Then create a new Base database, in the first panel of the Database Wizard select "Connect to an existing database", scroll down to dBASE, and browse to your database copy. Your new Base database will be able to access the data from your old database.

Alternatively, save the data from Works as "Text & Commas (*.csv)". You can then either connect to this document from Base or else open the .csv file in Calc and then copy and paste the data into the Tables panel of Base, creating a new table in the process.
=== end quote ===

If the files really were not created by Works then either just download and install OpenOffice (it's free) and try, or upload one of the files to a web site somewhere and provide us with a link. If you don't have a convenient web site you can use <www.mytempdir.com>. It's free. No, I am not affiliated with it in any way.

--
Harold Fuchs
London, England

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.