John Mariano wrote:
Hello,

My name is John Mariano and I have Open Office installed in my computer instead of Microsoft Word. What is the best way for others to open a document created in Open Office and attached to an email. They seem to be having a problem.

Can you offer a solution.\

By default, OpenOffice saves in the ISO standard ODF file formats, which Microsoft refuses to support. This means you'll have to save in Word format. You can do this by selecting the appropriate format from the drop down list in Save as. Also, ensure automatic file name extensions is selected. You can also email directly from OpenOffice, by clicking on File > Send > E-mail as Microsoft Word. Of course, a better alternative would be to get your friends to install OpenOffice or the Sun ODF plugin, which adds ODF support to Microsoft Office.
http://www.sun.com/software/star/odf_plugin