NoOp wrote:
On 05/07/2008 11:22 AM, mike scott wrote:
On 7 May 2008 at 11:09, NoOp wrote:

Their site is not resolving at this moment, but a cached version of the
main page shows:

====
       Home  |  Members Area  |   Support  |  Download
Copyright 2008-official.com © 2008 - All Rights Reserved

This website has no affiliation whatsoever with the owner of these
software programs, and provides ONLY links to the software programs. If
you are a member and need support please contact us and not the software
owner. This software may be obtained freely. New computer users should
find our services valuable, and a time saver. If you are an advanced
computer user, you probably don't need our services.
====

So it appears that Norman was given adequate notice before spending his
money...
I don't see that text when I look at the current main page. I do see "Read and Write PDF files just like Adobe". "Mail manager" in OOo but not MS Office?? Doesn't sound quite right to me.

Don't know, I still can't get the site to resolve; I was using the
Google cache page: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=2008-official.com
May or may not be so

If you go straight to http://www.2008-official.com/openoffice/index.asp
you don't see that message, but you do if you enter at http://www.2008-official.com/

I guess it depends how you reach the site, but it is probably not difficult to miss the fine print.

Regards

Russell