From: "Michele"

I use XP Pro on main machine
and Win2000/pro on backup

It just occurred to me (after Julio mentioned it :-))) ) that there
should be no problem in installing OOo2.4 and OOo3.0Beta in parallel.
The link to the wiki I sent earlier is for people who want to install
two versions of OpenOffice.org2 or two versions that for whatever
reason want to be installed in the same directory.

So, I guess you can just go ahead with downloading OOo3.0Beta and
install it. (don't know what happens to the files association though)
If given the choice use 2.4 as default to open the odf files.

Apologies for the confusion :-)

Michele

I just installed Beta 3.0 in Program Files\_beta\ directory so it would not be any where near
the version 2.4 directory