> ok.. i guess this is settled then. it's okay to have them both on the
> same machine. a little tweaking, but not dangerous. any news on the
> torrent for the beta? shouldn't this be made available each time we
> call for beta testing? i'm having problems with my connection (gets
> reset) and i guess a lot would also experience that... and could
> actually hamper willing testers.

I do not represent OOo in any way other than as a user.  However it
would be my guess that setting up for the torrent d/l's wouldn't get a
priority for BETA or even production releases when one thinks about the
many other chores necessary to support/design/create these releases.
   I'm not sure why yours is resetting, but you should be able still use
it as a direct connection sans other nodes existing and bring it down as
though it was simply a dl manager.  If you're on dialup at 56k or less,
the probably a dl manager would be the next best thing.  On digital
lines it's not really that large a download.  I don't use Torrent much
anymore because about the only thing it's really good for is theft & RIA
violations; there aren't any others to serve for things like OOo and if
htere are, it doesn't last long.

Regards

Twayne