On May 14, 2008, at 6:31 AM, Egon Reetz wrote:

Am 14.05.2008 um 14:57 schrieb Rodney Myers:

On May 14, 2008, at 12:35 AM, Egon Reetz wrote:

Hi,

using OO for a few days I just found that at least Writer, Calc and Impress aren't using the "last used printer" but the printer, which was the default during startup of OO.
I think this is something like an enhancement request.

Thanks

Egon

Why?  Isn't that what "DEFAULT" means, use the one most used?

That is a function of the OS you are using, in this case OS X.

Make that change in System Prefs. if you want "last printer used"

--
Rodney D. Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The printer preference is set to "last printer used", OO uses the last used printer found during startup (printer 1). However, if I'm printing another document to another printer (printer 2) and want to print a 3rd document, printer 1 is displayed instead of printer 2.

When I'm using 2 different apps, say bbedit and word and I'm printing to different printers from both apps alternating, the printer dialog every time shows the "last printer used", OO doesn't.

Egon

I'm not a programmer.

I think that is not an option, since OO is cross-platform. I don't recall that printer option under linux.

--
Rodney D. Myers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ICQ#:         AIM#:            YAHOO:

        Ben Franklin - 1759