[I noted that my digest has "reply-to" at address <users- [EMAIL PROTECTED]> which if used results in the entire digest being included in the message. Not wanting to do that, since this is a new thread, I'm trying to use the above address and just hope it works.>

I see that there is now a native OO for Mac Intel.

How about for lawyers, too?

For example, how well will OO for Mac do a California Pleading? This requires columns, vertical lines and numbers down the left side of the page at each double space line, and maybe a special footer. Most lawyers I know jury-rig their own footer like I do in Word for Mac 2004.

The Rules of Court also require that the text line up with the numbers. This is very hard to do in Word.

How does OO do with TOCs and Tables of Authorities?

It took me over a year of fiddling with Word for Mac to finally get a Calif Pleading to work nearly correct. There are still glitches from time to time. I'm wondering if its worth the effort to switch to OO.

Nothing will match WordPerfect. Ever. I keep thousands of WPD files in archive and use them from time to time to copy text (NeoOffice can open and you can copy it).

Dave

David Clark
www.clarklawfirm.com
http://daveclarkimages.smugmug.com