Am 2008-05-20 17:19:34, schrieb Drew Jensen:
> You did not - but the discussion is about the desire to have OO.o be the
> editor for email so that one can compose these emails...kind of thought
> you where suggesting that was an undesierable thing..perhaps I did not
> understand correctly....which is often the case I am afraid.

I have setup "mutt" with

    set editor"/usr/bin/oowriter"

setup a template including some macros and dialogs and tried to write  a
message...  Hell, it take 18 seconds to load!  WHO realy  want  to  wait
18 secdes to write a mail?  --  I have to write nearly 150 per day...

OK, another test.

New template and a button in the Toolbar which I klick to write a E-Mail
in OOo.

It opens a dialog where I can select from my PostgreSQL powered  address
book, put in a Subject (it refuse to email if NO SUBJECT is given)...

Then the template is open for writing...

Now you need simpel to close the Document and a new dialog open and  ask
you whether you want to "Send it NOW", "Postpone"  or "Discard" it.

If one of the two first options are choosen, the dialog/macro build  the
appropriated MIME construct and send/postpone it.

If "Send it NOW" was choosen, the  macro  invoke  "sendmail.exe -t"  and
since "sendmail" exist in a native windows version...  I  continued  the
stuff and created  a  Dialog  which  read  in  the  Maildir  the  macros
previosly created and can reopen any messages from there...

Since Maildir is not realy useful under Windows, I have setup  a  second
try using the PostgreSQL as Mailstorage with unlimited store and  search
functions.

Also you can print out the Mailfolder in "Thread-View" and more.

Realy, there is not realy a need for a new Mailclient since all  can  be
done inside "oowriter" with a mail template containing some  macros  and
dialogs...

All you need is:

    1)    OOo version >=2.4

    2)    sendmail.exe (or equivalent which support the "-t" option)

    3)    fetchmail.exe         \
                                 | optional
    4)    procmail.exe          /

Note:   I have gotten all source-sniples for OOo from the Internet
        so other peoples went already thinking about it...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)