Federico R. Bar wrote:
Good day gentlemen,

After having set up OpenOffice, I think succesfully, I seem to be unable to
start the application. The folder shows me the files instmia.ex and
instmiw.exe files, both reply with the remark <SO incorrecto o versiĆ³n
incorrecta de la aplicaciĆ³n>. My OS is Windows XP.
Could you tell me what may have gone wrong? Thank you in advance for your
help.

Federico,

Please see this guide to starting OpenOffice.org. I think you are starting it incorrectly using the method described in "How not to start OpenOffice.org"

http://katana.oooninja.com/w/openoffice.org/starting

Andrew