2008/5/23 Jim Allan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Wasn't it Microsoft who invented ODBC which has been generally adopted in
> the Linux and Unix world as well?

As well as other technologies now in common use in *nix OSes.

> How has Microsoft screwed up Unicode? (Yes, I am aware that the identify the
> \ characters with the ¥ character on Japanese computers, but that is the
> only example I know of where they go against Unicode.) Seems to me they were
> the most persistent supporters of Unicode in the early days when no-one else
> was supporting it.

I don't see where MS was accused of ruining Unicode. Where was that
stated, other than in general statements regarding the company?

> Just a warning not to overdo the Microsoft-bashing.

Like cocaine, just bit is good for you but it is very easy to turn a
little into too much.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il