Lloyd wrote:

I recently bought OOo and am not a technical person. I am pretty pleased in general but since I installed OOo the format for, Hotmail, and Yahoo mail pages have opened in a format that looks like some underlying platform, which makes them virtually unreadable. I am also unable to open any pages for mapquest, or any web page providing directions. I suspect it is a java application. Can you help me please otherwise I am going to have to uninstall OOo?

First, you didn't have to buy OpenOffice, as it's a free download from www.openoffice.org.

What is it you're opening those web sites with? I've never seen OpenOffice do anything like that. If it is a Java issue, you can try deleting only Java to see what happens. To then reinstall Java, you'll have to go to www.java.com, to get the latest version.

Since you bought OpenOffice from someone other than www.openoffice.org, it's entirely possible that something else was included, that's causing the problem. Do you have a link to where you bought it?