Lloyd wrote:
I recently bought OOo and am not a technical person. I am pretty pleased in general but since I installed OOo the format for, Hotmail, and Yahoo mail pages have opened in a format that looks like some underlying platform, which makes them virtually unreadable. I am also unable to open any pages for mapquest, or any web page providing directions. I suspect it is a java application. Can you help me please otherwise I am going to have to uninstall OOo?

Lloyd,

OpenOffice.org doesn't modify the way you browse Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, and Mapquest, more details are necessary to really understand what is going on. Which web browser do you use (Internet Explorer or Firefox)? Why don't you post a screenshot using a hosting sevice such as imageshack.us

I agree with Girard that this problem seems unrelated to OpenOffice.org

Andrew

P.S. It's nice if you post a more precise subject. Otherwise, every other message says "Please help me" or "Urgent."