On 20 Jun 2008 at 15:18, Gordon wrote:

> I am desperately trying to move away from MS Word, but until I can
> replicate this behaviour, then I won't!
> In Word 2007, when I go to print, I can choose the option of printing 2
> pages on on page. I use this a lot as I do not have a duplex printer, so
> when printing A5 booklets, I can choose which pages (in A5 portrait
> size) to print on each page (A4) in order to produce the booklet. (I
> re-process each page through the printer to obtain the double-sided print.
> Using the same printer, in Write Beta 3, I can't do the same thing. I've
> tried all the settings I can think of and yes it does print two pages on
> one side, but not in full A5 size - it squashes them up to one side.
> One of the main reasons I do this is because using an A5 page set up,
> firstly the pages are just typed in order, and then the order of
> printing is decided at print time, and secondly, it makes the insertion
> of page numbers easy and automatic.
>
> Does anyone have ANY sort of solution to this?

Can't answer for v3; I assume it should be the same as v2, where if
you format your pages as A5 portrait, and choose A4 landscape paper
and the brochure option, it all works well.

If the v3 behaviour has changed, one workaround would be to print to
postscript file and use psbook to rearrange the pages into a booklet
form.

--
Permission for this mail to be processed by any third party in
connection