NoOp wrote the following on 25/06/2008 6:16:

I see that no one has responded. Perhaps this is because it is not clear
(to me anyway) exactly what you wish to do. Could you please provide
some additional detail and/or provide  some screenshots (put them up on
a free image server someplace as they won't make it through the list)?

Well it is rather simple. I'm responsible for the support of our products and I have to make forms with fields to be filled in by our clients with requested information. I used to set up a document in Word and created the form fields in Acrobat. Mostly it are simple text fields with data such name, address, device information and so on. These forms can then be filled in and saved with the requested data using the Acrobat Reader.

Now I'm working some time with OOo and am glad to have a very good alternative to the MS package. OOo Writer and Calc are also very interesting as they allow to create a form using their form Controls. This form can be directly exported as PDF form including these form controls. This would reduce my work a lot as I don't have to draw and assign any controls any more with Acrobat (not the Reader) which is also out of date (at least my version 4.0).

My only problem now is that these PDF forms, created by using Writer, are not allowed by the Acrobat Reader to save the data which is filled in. One can only print it, nothing more. I would prefer one could simply save and return it, or just the requested data, by email.

Has any one experience with similar forms and thus problems?

I hope this is a little bit more clear.

Regards,

Pieter