[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi! My name is Hank Swerscz and I just downloaded the openoffice 2.4. The last thing you need to hear is that I am somewhat computer illerate but not hopeless. I have Windows Vista and what I mainly want to do is be able to produce good looking correspondence (both hardcopy and otherwise) just like the Windows which expired some time ago. I tried various areas of your system but couldn't quite figure it out. Please point me in the right direction and I can also join or register if that would help. If I start to try and follow directions on my own I often end up screwing something up on the computer. There are alot of different headings in your product and I probably don't need them all. Any sort of guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks, Hank

I think you're asking about install help. To install OpenOffice, double click on the file you downloaded. This will start the installation process, which will take you through several configuration panels, where you can generally use the default values. After this completes, you should have an OpenOffice folder and icons in your Start menu. You can use the icons to start the various OpenOffice components.