On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 08:32:45 +0700
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>  I am trying to find a way to scan a document,send as a PDF file so I can
> type into it and than print it. I know there is software that will do
> this but it is very expensive,and way out of my price range,that is why I
> am wondering if you have any thing like this that will [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I'm not sure if you really meant printing then  scanning the document,
or reading the PDF document into software that you can use for editing.
In the past, I have used kword (http://www.koffice.org/kword/) that has
the capability to read and edit a pdf. I believe that this is available
on both Windows and Linux. There are a few other OpenSource products
that will also allow you to edit a PDF. Additionally, there are some
programs available that convert PDF to PS format. In the past, I did
find Kword to be ok, but not great.

Jerry Feldman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 537C5846