On 01/08/2008 16:17, NoOp wrote:
On 07/31/2008 04:48 PM, Harold Fuchs wrote:
2008/7/31 Harold Fuchs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

2008/7/30 Library <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Hello,

If I download OpenOffice, will I be able to open an Excel spreadsheet
and make changes?

Yes, unless the spreadsheet is in Microsoft's new "Office 2007" format with
extension ".xlsx" instead of just ".xls". OpenOffice version 3, due in
September should be able to open those. Version 3 is available in Beta (not
commercial, stuff may not work properly) from the web site if it's really
urgent.

Also, OpenOffice can't handle Microsoft's macros so if the spreadsheet has
those OpenOffice will open it but the results won't be right. To handle
Microsoft macros (written in VBA) you need OxygenOffice from <
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooop>. I believe that the software is
free, like OpenOffice but, unlike OpenOffice support for OxygenOffice is not
free.

 It has been pointed out to me that there is both free and non-free support
for OxygenOffice. Apologies for misleading you.

I see nothing regarding non-free support for OxygenOffice here:
http://ooop.wiki.sourceforge.net/

<quote>
Houston, Houston we have a problem...
First of all: DO NOT PANIC! We provide several ways to solve your
problem. The zero level of support is our wiki, our documentations and
any documentations related to OpenOffice.org like documentations page
and support page of OpenOffice.org. First level of support are forums
and mailling lists. Here you can ask for help or do open discussion
about general topics. The second level of support is the tracker. You
should file an issue here if you expect action from our side. You can
post bugs, feature requests and support requests here.
</quote>

None of which cost anything. Do you have another source that points to
non-free support from OxygenOffice?

First there's this:

=== begin quote =====