When I am reading a thread in this forum, I sort by Subject: and read all
the new messages in a thread at one time.  I find it time consuming to
scroll to the bottom  of each message, past what I just read, to get to the
new comment.  Wouldn't it make more sense to add the new message at the top,
so you see it immediately?  If you have lost track of a thread, you can
scroll down only as far as necessary to see what the thread is about.

I realize some people like to comment paragraph by paragraph, but that's a pain follow, too, sometimes. I would say it is a better practice to provide a complete, well organized single response because that maintains a single thread. Comments by paragraph can turn into forks and multiple, maybe trivial threads.

With comments at the top, it's more like a blog and much more handy and
efficient, IMHO.

Cheers,
John Fistere