Hello,

I am writing a technical report using Ooo 2.4.1 on Debian Linux. It is
an experiment to see how OOo performs for an engineering report or paper
writing.

In my experience, OOo has most of the features covered as far as text
body, headings and lists are concerned. Figure and table captions have
still somethings to be desired for but they work for most purposes.
Export to PDF is good, but hyperlinking in the produced PDF is not up to
the mark. Equations and math are also coming along great, though they do
not compare with LaTeX yet.

As far as technical writing is concerned, the bibliography feature sucks
big time. Without this feature working intuitively and conveniently, OOo
will not be adopted by the technical writing community.

I hope that this features is being worked on in the newer features. Any
news how it is coming along?

On the other hand, if this features is of low priority, then I will have
to conclude that OOo is not for serious technical report and paper
writing in its present shape.

Thanks.