Hi Tim,

Just as a clarification - SRV lookups are used for port discovery - so, if you already fill in the port, no SRV lookup will be performed. The same for NAPTR lookups, but in case of protocol - if the protocol is not specified, openser will try to perform lookup to get the available protocols supported by the destination server.

Regards,
bogdan

Tim Madorma wrote:
Hi,

I have a simple application where I am trying to an SRV record to load
balance towards a few different destination servers.

I set up my DNS server to resolve to four different destination A
record URIs - something like:

_sip._udp.aimcidfilter.com 180 IN SRV 1 50 5061 crunch.com.
_sip._udp.aimcidfilter.com 180 IN SRV 1 50 5061 spinner.com.
_sip._udp.aimcidfilter.com 180 IN SRV 2 50 5061 homer.com.
_sip._udp.aimcidfilter.com 180 IN SRV 2 50 5061 bart.com.

In my configuration file, I am putting a domain name in my call to
seturi as follows:

seturi("sip:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:6010");

and then I call route to send the INVITE.

I was expecting to see a NAPTR and SRV record attempts, but when I
sniffed DNS, I only saw A record attempts.

Any advice would be very helpful.

thanks,
Tim