Hi,

After reading the thread, I also came to your conclusion, that by sending Publish with no bodies for refresh the problem should be solved- thus I made the commit. Unfortunately, I soon realized that there was a mistake in the reasoning. The rewriting does not happen. If the pua_usrloc and the client itself send each an initial Publish messages with no Sip-If-Match header, it will result in 2 records inserted in presentity table- two different etags and no rewriting. And then, the Notifies send will have as a body the aggregation of this two. In presence module, the method of aggregation used is: most recent, first. Most clients look only at the first tuple (xlite, for example, does so). So, the notified state alternates according to the Publish message received last. Now I don't see a means to make pua_usrloc and the client send Publish messages work. I will do some more thinking though. The best is probably, to find a fairly good method to deduce for which clients to call pua_set_publish.

regards,
Anca Vamanu

Juha Heinanen wrote:
Iñaki Baz Castillo writes:

 > > it is better that anca comments on this.
> > Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. Could you repeat please?

i meant that it is better that anca who has written presence modules,
comment on this.

-- juha